Hey, Guess I am lil late at posting Updates. Really sorry Jane, my Exams just got over and I have completed my graduation 🙂
Here is my Update
Micheal B. and Jane Wells are discussing. Toggle Comments
Please post your updates here on this blog as text, not as links. Backup mentors will be checking this blog, not following links to personal blogs. Thanks.
Okay Jane, Here is my Update
We initally decided to use “YUI” framework to power our builder but due to compatibility reasons and the lack of flexibility. Check the here. Due to this, we decided to build a custom YUI Grid Builder Theme ScratchPad Builder which will be powered by jQuery. I have already begun work and will be soon posting an online demo of the builder as it progress goes about
1. User can select the size of the template page i.e (100%, 974px,750px)
2. User can modify sidebar position and size (i.e left or right + size of sidebar)
3. User can add additional columns to content.
Although, code cannot be still ported to WordPress theme format. But the builder helps to create a skeleton of the Theme and then it will be converted to Wordpess Theme Format.
Currently YUI Grids CSS is being used to define the layout for the themes and for the cosmetic looks, jQueryUI CSS Framework will be used.
1. The primary issue is, porting the theme to WordPress theme format, which I am wondering as to how to go about.
2. How much customization to offer ? This is very important as every User has different ideas and different needs.
Planned for the Coming Week
1. Try to make a proper feature list.
2. Try to use a better CSS Framework for cosmetics if possible.
3. Look for Alternatives on how to export to WordPress Theme Format.
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.