Well, this past week I began coding. It…

Well, this past week I began coding. It was tough to figure out where to get started, even after making the list of what needs re-writing. It wasn’t made any easier by the convolution of the WordPress core (I’m really hoping 3.0 does something to make the code more organized and accessible). In any case, I got down to it.

I decided that an MPTT class would be helpful as a container for some common functions, namely move_subtree(), remove_node(), and remove_subtree() so far. Additionally I’ve been working on adapting the term functions to take advantage of MPTT for categories. I’m not finished on that yet, but I am making steady progress.